I’m thinking once again about the problem of church web sites. Churches are, by and large, not large. They have mostly volunteer staff that are apt to get burnt out fairly rapidly.
They have a powerful mandate to communicate their message to the entire world. With the advent of the World Wide Web, publishing that message has never been easier. However, they are still hampered by lack of time and expertise.
Assuming that someone could create a system that would support smallish churches in publishing their information to the web, what features would churches want/need?
- Run your church website without bothering with hosting, purchasing domain names, site administration, and other tedious tasks. Just publish and go!
- Choice of attractive, accessible, slightly customisable prebuilt themes
- Unlimited Pages
- Unlimited Posts
- Upcoming Events
- Uploading images (slideshows?)
- Uploading sermon audio
- Uploading video?
- Service times
- Theme/Design customisation
- Custom domain name
- Domain-based email addresses
- Forums/message boards?